Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Bridge of Memories



Dear Joe,

I'm not sure how the subject was approached, but I got onto the discussion of the new portion of the San Francisco Bay Bridge.

Most everyone in the free world has heard of and seen the new bridge (assuming you included) so I wont bother with those details... though once more, I was thrown right back to my favorite memory on that bridge, with you.

We were coming back from SF (obviously) and on your bike. The moment that I remember to this day is when you reached back and put your hand on my left leg.

I can still feel that as if it just happened a second ago.

I finally drove across the new bridge recently, and it was somewhat sad to see the original bridge completely empty. Almost as if abandoned.

*I took some footage with my phone*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCdiq_VNqiE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGtoGNAjWrU

But of course, the true sadness lies in the fact that the last time I rode over that bridge with you, was literally the last time that would ever happen again.

So I guess instead of crying because it is over, I should smile because it happened...
I just wish I could convince my heart and tear ducts to get in line with that reasoning.



Love,
"Jill"

No comments: