Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Lost and Found

Dear Joe,

While rummaging through boxes looking for my surgical tools, I came across a few items I had forgotten that I had; priceless gifts from you.


My heart just about stopped when I pulled this out of the Ziploc bag I had stored this in all these years. You even had my name stitched in pink on the front.

I found the flag you had flown over Iraq for my birthday in the shadowbox that you had made for it.
My Mosque alarm clock on the other hand... that didn't survive the move. But I do remember that birthday you called me and let me hear the bells of the Mosque in Afghanistan because you knew I would really enjoy that.

I also found a photo collage frame that I had filled with pictures of you while I was living with Mark, when we first started dating. I don't think you ever saw that, but I'm not about to post those pics here.

I did manage to find my tools, but really I found a whole lot more. I found someone who really truly loved me and his memories that I have still.

Unfortunately, I don't have everything anymore... but what I do have, I cherish and will keep with me until the very end.

My most favorite of them all...




I wear it all the time. On my left hand. Because I don't love or want anyone else.
Thank you for being there for me, Thank you for always trying to bring a smile to my face,
Thank you for being you.

I love you. Always

"Jill"

No comments: