Monday, February 4, 2013

Mondays, Marinas, and Memories





Dear Joe,

As I am writing to you, I am sitting in the Italian restaurant that you took me to the first time we met; just before moving your boat from Richmond to Vallejo.



*we sat somewhere down there the first time we came here*
 While it is not night time like when we came here, nor am I sitting at the table we sat at, I did order what you said came highly recommended.... the Lasagna. Our first dinner together.



Its beautiful here. The sun is just about to set and I have the most wonderful view...
What is missing that would make it perfect is You.



Ironically while trying to photograph and find the restaurant, I too got stuck driving around that big "island" in that Parking Lot. I HAD to laugh and say "Look Kids... Big Ben, Parliament!"
Which I remember exactly that moment in time. Its one I hope out of everything, I never forget.




*the Parking Lot that I remember your truck parked at*

*Look Kids.. Big Ben, Parliament!*

I of course found my way yet it was so strange to walk through that big green door without you.



It's just me... Table for 1 tonight. But I try to imagine you sitting across from me here.


The Lasagna is just as I remembered it. However I don't remember it having so much "greenery" on it.
Oh Well... nothing that a fork cant take care of.



I have the whole place to myself.. Its almost haunting. Although not as disturbing as the seemingly Hispanic music that is being piped in the speakers at the moment.
Kind of strange for an Italian place. Though just as I wrote that , they changed the music. Oh the irony.



This place is beautiful but it isn't that same without you.
I don't know what prompted me to take such a trip or what I had hoped to gain out of it.
I guess I wanted to re live some old memories; some of the best I've had.


Ones that I will carry with me for a lifetime (I hope). This will always be "our place" in my heart... and in my stomach :)



Little did I know the moment I met you and stepped onto that boat, my life would never be the same.




And as luck would have it, I happened to look down at my odometer to find a series of numbers to make a wish to; that is something I have never stopped doing.



I wished for you. Always.
I love you and I miss you terribly.
I hope you are happy and doing well.

Cheers,
"Jill"

No comments: