Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My 2 Cents


Dear Joe,

I found this photo in my Facebook feed recently and had to blog about it....

This photos message bothers me greatly and I will tell you why.

I have put every broken piece of my life back together myself. It is something a person has to do
themselves. Cant rely on someone to come and save your life.

You have to be strong for yourself.
Be your own hero.

In this process, you learn so much about yourself, especially how strong you really are.

Because "Damsel in Distress" is so 1950. Unless you are a Disney Princess, you don't need someone to put you back together.
And if you do, you have much bigger problems.


Just my 2 cents.

Just for the record... Alice wasn't a "Princess".
Maybe that is why I liked her so much.


Love,
"Jill"

No comments: